OVERVIEW OF THE RUSSIAN AND CIS COMPANIES TRADING ON THE LSE
London is the most active international capital market in the world. Currently over 110 Russian and CIS companies are trading on the London Stock Exchange – far more than on any other international exchange.
- In 2011 alone, these companies have raised over $7 billion.
- Recent 2012 listings include Nord Gold, Ruspetro and Bank of Georgia.
- London has a well-developed and experienced group of investors with deep knowledge of emerging markets.
- London Stock Exchange provides companies with access the deepest pool of international capital.
- London Stock Exchange is committed to the long-term growth of the Russian Capital market through sharing expertise and its supporting growth.
- Working in partnership with Russia, the LSE supports key market infrastructure initiatives such as the creation of a CSD. London Stock Exchange is also committed to removing barriers to foreign investment in Russia and removing restrictions on GDR placements in the future.
|Nord Gold||Introduction||2012||Nomos Bank||$718||2011|
|Bank of Georgia Holdings Plc||Transfer from GDR to Premium||2012||Etalon Group||$575||2011|
|Evraz||Transfer from GDR to Premium||2011|
|Polymetal||$790 (further issue)||2011|
|VTB||$3.26bn (further Issue)||2011|
|$ 250 mln USD||Total raised in 2011||Over $7 billion USD|
Source: London Stock Exchange